Meet Wendell, the Dancing Machine. Wendell Nelson started giving dance lessons at Billy Bob’s at the end of 1981. He’s taught more than 100,000 people – including pre-Pretty Woman Julia Roberts. He also taught Paula Zahn the “Electric Slide” for a CBS This Morning” segment. Wendell’s old-fashioned sense of humor charms his classes. He is a man who clearly loves his job. “I always say, when I die, when they close the lid, my feet are gonna be dancing.”
Dancing is good exercise and a great way to have fun while meeting new people. As Wendell likes to say, “Dancing is the most fun you can have standing up.” At Billy Bob’s, there are different dance lesson opportunities so that patrons can learn how to boot-scoot across the Texas-sized dance floor.
Billy Bob’s offers free line dance lessons at 7 pm every Thursday night (excluding special events). Admission prices still apply.
Come learn to dance with us. The classes start on Sunday, November, 22nd & Monday, November 23rd. The lessons are family friendly. Parents, do something with your kids that they will remember and use for the rest of their lives! No need to preregister; lessons are just $5 per person, per lesson. See the schedule below for the latest courses.
GROUP AND FAMILY DANCE LESSONS – 8 Week Course
Beginning Sunday, November 22nd
- 5PM: Beginner Country (2-Step, 3-Step, Waltz and Cotton Eye Joe)
- 6PM: Beginner Push (West Coast Swing)
Beginning Monday, November 23rd
- 7PM: Beginner Country (same as Sunday at 5PM)
- 8PM: Intermediate 3-Step (This class is for those that know basic 3-step or have gone through beginner class.)
- The cost is $5.00 per person per class with a $2.00 admission. Parking is free. – It is a Couple’s Course, but singles can be paired up.
- Dance Partners are not guaranteed. Bring a partner if you have one
- 17 and under must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
- Leather soled shoes are recommended.
- No tennis shoes, flip-flops, open toes sandals, etc.
- Please arrive 15 minutes early to allow time for sign-up.
For additional information and to receive e-mail notifications of upcoming dance classes, call or email Wendell Nelson:
Phone: 817-923-9215 Email: email@example.com