The Fort Worth Film Commission (FWFC) and Lone Star Film Festival (LSFF) have partnered to add a free short-film category to the 2016 festival.
All of this movie talk got us thinking about some of the movies filmed right here at the World’s Largest Honky Tonk!
Billy Bob’s Texas has been featured on the the big screen multiple times over the years.
Some of the movies filmed at Billy Bob’s include:
“Over The Top” starring Sylvestor Stallone in 1987
“Baja Oklahoma” with Lesley Ann Warren, Peter Coyote and Willie Nelson in 1988
“Necessary Roughness” with Scott Bakula, Sinbad, Robert Loggia & Kathy Ireland in 1991
“Pure Country” in 1992, starring George Strait
My Fort Worth Short Film Competition Entry Guidelines:
• Entries must be exactly 2:00 (two-minutes) in length
• All locations featured must be within Fort Worth city limits
• All entries must be uploaded to https://filmfreeway.com/festival/LoneStarFilmFestival
• Deadline to enter is August 31, 2016
• All entries must adhere to the My Fort Worth Film rules and guidelines
• Open to residents outside of Fort Worth
• FREE to enter
Five finalists will receive two all-access passes to LSFF and have their entries screened at the festival. One winner among the five finalists will also receive a $500 AMEX gift card and a two-night stay at a downtown hotel during the LSFF.